At RCI, all our personnel are W2 employees whether they are project managers, administrative, or field personnel. One, because we believe in treating people fairly, and two, because we follow the law as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). RCI ensures each full-time member of our staff is offered a full suite of standard industry benefits.
RCI is committed to providing a competitive compensation and benefits program for its employees. The following information, prepared in a quick reference format, applies only to RCI’s eligible regular, full-time employees. Please note that the provisions of all programs, plans and policies are subject to change. RCI’s extensive benefit plan includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with RCI covering the majority of the monthly premiums. Options to participate in either a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Long and short-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), and base life (maximum $50,000 coverage) with all monthly premiums 100% paid by RCI.
- A 401k plan that includes an RCI match for 50% of the first 6% that you contribute.
- All employees are offered two weeks paid vacation. Additionally, our salaried / administrative employees are also offered 6 sick days and 8 holidays.
- RCI will also reimburse you for approved mileage that you incur as a result of Client or RCI business at the IRS non-taxable reimbursement rate.
- At RCI, we ensure our personnel are paid on time, every time. We do not wait to pay you after we get paid, we ensure you are paid on a normal pay cycle – regardless of our billing and payment cycles with our clients.
- RCI, in compliance with Federal law and FLSA, pays overtime for non-exempt employees.
- RCI has been in business since 1997 and has a proven track record and solid reputation in the onshore and offshore oil & gas industry.
- The average tenure of an RCI employee is 5+ years; many have been with the company over 15 years, and a few have been with the company since its inception in 1997.
RCI works both on and offshore in the US in several prolific fields and basins. We also service clients in other global regions such as Trinidad and Asia Pacific. We have staff operating on both major greenfield projects and on brownfield maintenance and operations projects. Many of RCI’s clients are long-term customers who rely on RCI staff to support their operations consistently throughout the year. In addition, RCI’s management team is committed to monitoring the schedules of our project personnel in order to be ahead of the project slow down and place those staff whose projects are coming to completion, onto new RCI projects. RCI believes in keeping RCI talent at RCI, we strive to keep our staff working throughout the year and provide ample opportunity to do so.
Commitment & Support
RCI provides valuable support in several areas for our staff. We have a dedicated Human Resource Manager that assists our employees and their families with any questions or assistance needed regarding medical benefits, providers, insurance issues, and payroll support should the need arise. RCI also supports our staff in the field by having two dedicated inspection services managers; one focused on the onshore business and the other on offshore. Both of these managers assist our field staff with technical support, client communications, scheduling, time off requests, whether it be planned or an unexpected time off need. In addition, our in-house project management staff are supported by several Subject Matter Experts and operational experts. These staff members are available as needed at no charge to our clients when supporting our field or office personnel in obtaining answers to critical questions that may arise in the field or when mitigating unexpected situations.